- Public Works Department
- Parks Division
- Reserve Picnic Shelters
Park Facility Reservations
Reservations for picnic shelters require a permit to avoid overbooking. Permits give park guests exclusive use of the shelter and must be carried with the permit holder on the day of the event.
Reservations are accepted first-come, first-served, and are available the first business day in January for the picnic shelter season (April through October). Kitchen facilities are only available for rental mid-May through September.
Reserve a picnic shelter by calling 651-747-3860 or visiting Oakdale Recreation located at 4444 Hadley Avenue, during normal business hours. Rental fees are due at the time of reservation.
Persons, clubs, and organizations using city park facilities shall agree to indemnify the City of any and all damages by any person or persons attending the event and all damages to any persons or property.
Find picnic shelters by using the City of Oakdale’s facility finder.
Picnic Shelter Rental Pricing
|Fee Description||Standard Cost||Resident Cost|
|Small Shelter||$80 plus tax||$65 plus tax|
|Large Shelter||$170 plus tax||$120 plus tax|
|Walton Large Shelter with Kitchen||$275 plus tax||$250 plus tax|
|Kitchen Security Deposit||$300 cash or check, no tax||$300 cash or check, no tax|
|Walton Park Band Shell Package
(includes band shell and two large shelters with two kitchens)
|$600 plus tax||$450 plus tax|
Compliance and Damage Agreement
Permit holder may be financially responsible for any damage to City-owned property caused by the renter and/or guests for non-compliance to the rules and regulations. Charges billed can include, but are not limited to: damaging City-owned property, additional clean up labor for littering or bringing in prohibited materials, repairs of underground irrigation or electrical lines from staking into the ground, and any misrepresentation of use to secure a permit.
If permit holder notices damage or excessive trash upon arrival, please call 651-730-2740 to report the problem to the On-Duty Park Maintenance Staff.
Rules & Regulations
- Parks are open one-half hour before sunrise and close one-half hour after sunset.
- Leave no trace! The permit holder is responsible for keeping their area clean during and after their event. Confetti and silly string are not allowed. Containers are available for waste disposal.
- Do not drive stakes into City-owned property; there are dangerous electrical and sensitive irrigation lines below the surface.
- Parking is allowed in parking lots only. No vehicles allowed on the grass, sidewalks or walkways.
- Fires may be started only in the charcoal grills provided, and must be fully extinguished prior to leaving the park. Hot charcoal should not be dumped on the ground or in garbage cans.
- Pets must be caged or kept on a leash no more than six feet in length. Pets may not be tethered to any tree or plant within the park. Pet owners must clean up after their pets.
- The City of Oakdale will not provide additional picnic tables for the shelters.
- Amplified music is not allowed unless renting the band shell.
- Special permission is necessary before bringing any pig roasters, dunk tanks, etc. into the park. Bounce castles are not permitted.
Alcohol in the Parks
It is unlawful for any person to bring beer into a park in kegs, barrels, or other bulk tap quantities unless authorized by the City Council or the City Administrator. Beer or liquor is allowed in the park provided it does not contain more than 3.2% alcohol by weight. Keg beer may be brought into the City's parks, but you must first obtain Keg Beer Permit (PDF). The permit may be obtained from the Licensing Division, located at City Hall, at no cost at least 10 days prior to the scheduled event.
Keys will be issued to the contact person or designated representative and they shall be responsible for pick-up and return of the key(s). Keys will be available at the Recreation Department at 4444 Hadley Avenue North one day prior to the event or, in the case of a weekend, the preceding Friday and must be returned on the next scheduled business day. Security deposits for kitchen rentals must be in cash or check, and will be returned after the kitchen key has been returned and the shelter has been found to be in good condition. The security deposit (or portion of deposit) will be retained if any damage or extra cleanup is directly associated with the event.
Recycling is encouraged and portable recycling bins are available from the City for park events by calling 651-730-2723.
Refunds may be approved for cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event with a $5 cancellation fee. Refunds are not issued due to inclement weather. Refunds are not given for customers who fail to pick up a key for a reserved kitchen.