- How Do I...
- Apply For
- Employment Opportunities
- Summer Program Instructors
Summer Recreation Program Instructor
Position: Recreation Program Instructor
Accountable to: Recreation Superintendent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Nature of Work:
- To direct, lead, and supervise a variety of recreation activities and programs keeping in mind a leisure recreation philosophy as a basic objective.
- Responsible for undertaking the day-to-day recreation program activities.
- To plan and implement recreation programs with the objectives of promoting, educating, and demonstrating new leisure skills and abilities.
Examples of work:
- To plan and implement a leisure recreation class, i.e. crafts, games, sports, cooking.
- To provide lesson plans, schedules, forms, and other requested information to the Recreation Superintendent.
- To work in cooperation with other recreation instructors.
- To promote participation in leisure recreation activities.
- To maintain a philosophy that emphasizes leisure enjoyment.
- To maintain regulations and policies of the Department.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Must possess positive leadership qualities, creativeness, initiative, cooperation, reliability, and friendliness.
- Education/experience, skill, ability and knowledge in various activities.
- Ability to communicate, lead and relate to participants during instruction and implementation of the programmed activity.
- Be a mature, responsible individual with an ability to work efficiently with youth and department staff. Be sensitive to interpersonal needs and relationships of participants. Be creative, enthusiastic, respectful, reliable and concerned.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years old.
How to Apply: Complete a standard City employment application and the Recreation Supplemental Questions. Completed materials should be emailed to HR@oakdalemn.gov with the subject line: Recreation Program Instructor
Timeline: Open until filled.
Questions can be directed to HR@oakdalemn.gov or by calling (651) 730-2714.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse, welcoming and respectful workforce. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) women, LGBTQ+ and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.