The City of Oakdale an opportunity for residents to show off the City from their perspectives with the Oakdale Seasonal Photo Contest. The contest takes place each season with three winners chosen by fan vote on social media. Photographers of all ages are encouraged to participate. The top three photos will be featured in the Oakdale Update newsletter, on the City of Oakdale website and on social media platforms.
Summer 2023 Contest
We are excited to announce the six outstanding finalists for our 2023 Summer Photo Contest! Fans can vote for their favorite photo by selecting “Like” on each photo from now until September 30. The top three photos with the most “likes” will be named the winners.
The six finalists (listed in alphabetical order by last name) are:
- Shelby Anderson – "Oakdale Bee with a Saddlebag"
- Stan Blanda – “Daisy Daisy”
- Michelle Demko – “Little Explorers”
- Nicole Love – “Curious Red Squirrel”
- Nicole Love – “Just Hummin' Around”
- Arianna Wirebaugh – "Golden Hour in the Nature Preserve"
Spring Contest Winners
Six finalists were selected for a Facebook page Fan Vote for the Winter 2023 contest in June. The top three winning photos for Spring 2023 are (listed in alphabetical order by last name):
- "Spring Has Spring" by Stan Blanda
- "Woo You Looking At?!" by Tedd Ronning
- "Deer" by Andrew Stakston
Summer 2023 Contest Timeline
- August 1 to 31 - Photo submission period
- September 11 - Finalists announced
- September 11 to 30 - Fan voting period on City of Oakdale Facebook page
- October 5 - Winners announced
All photos submitted will be considered together. Photographers are encouraged to submit photos that include nature, wildlife, people, places, activities, landmarks and anything else that showcases the City of Oakdale.
Judging and Recognition
- Finalists will be selected each season by City staff.
- The finalists will be posted on the City of Oakdale Facebook page for a fan vote.
- At the end of the voting period, the top three photos with the most "likes" on Facebook will be the winners.
- Winning photos will be published and promoted in City publications including the Oakdale Update newsletter, the City of Oakdale website and social media platforms.
- Winners will also receive a reward.
- All photographs submitted will become property of the City of Oakdale and may be used in both print and digital publications.
- All photos must be taken within Oakdale city limits within the last three years.
- All entries must be the work of the individual submitting the photo and are limited to Oakdale residents only. Photographers of all levels are encouraged to participate.
- City employees and family members are not eligible to participate.
- Photographers may submit up to six photos per season of the contest.
- Photographs may be taken in black or white. Minor digital enhancements are allowed, but images with significant modifications will be disqualified. Photos with watermarks or logos are not permitted.
- If photos are taken in a public space (i.e. park, street), there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if a photo is taken in a private location with identifiable people, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
Submit a Photo
All submissions must be submitted digitally. To submit a digital photo, complete the online photo contest submission form. One submission form must be completed for each photo submitted to the contest. Photos need to be at least 1 MB in size with a resolution of 300 dpi.
If you are having issues with the online photo submission form or have questions regarding the submission process, please contact Sara Quinnell: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-730-2731.