Using the Online Services Portal
The City of Oakdale provides a safe and secure process for online permits, licenses and other applications. To apply, follow the steps below.
- Create a user account on our online services platform.
- Complete the appropriate permit, license or application for you.
- Upload your plans, photos and other helpful documents.
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
- Once approved, you will receive a link to pay for your permit or license fees online with a credit card (processing charges apply). You may also pay in person at City Hall or via mail with a check.
- Once payment is processed, you will receive an email with digital access to the permit or license through your online services account.
- All applications, receipts and license documents will be stored for access any time via your online services account.
Creating an Online Services account
How to Sign Up:
- Navigate to the online services platform.
- In the upper right corner, click "Log In" and select the blue button that say "Sign Up Using Secure Portal."
- Enter an email address and create a password that meets the criteria: 8 characters or more, 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 digit
- Click "Log On."
- You can then proceed with applying for a permit. During your first application, you will be prompted to complete your profile.
- Make sure to check your email filter/spam settings and check your spam folder. Emails about your applications will come from "City of Oakdale, MN" and "firstname.lastname@example.org."
NOTE: Contractors, residents and applicants will only need to create an online services account once. The account can be used to access updates from City staff throughout the permitting and licensing process, submit photos or apply for other City permits or licenses (when available). Individuals who have an account with ViewPoint Cloud for other municipalities will not need to create a new account.
During the process, you will be prompted that your application is ready for payment. There are three options for payment:
- Credit card via the Online Services portal
- In person at City Hall: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Mail: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128 (Direct to: Building Division - for building permits.)
To pay online:
- Click on the link in the email indicating payment is ready.
- Log in to your online services account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the online payment process via credit card.
NOTE: Online processing fees apply for credit card payment.
Once payment is received and the application is processed, your permit or license will be available for download.
Requesting a Building Permit Inspection
Please refer to the Building Permits Inspection Page.
NOTE: Submitting a request for an inspection DOES NOT guarantee the inspection. You will receive an email confirmation when the inspection is scheduled.